Full of Stitches

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday 4:29AM

That's the official time that I completed the socks. All ends were woven in.

After some initial frustration with the green socks (um, I didn't follow the ribbing pattern..), 3AM Sat I found this in my stash:
20060923swyarn

Ain't he sweet? My poor hubby stood there while I rolled the yarn into 2 balls (he nearly fell asleep standing). Then we went to bed. After feeding children, etc, about 11:30AM was the actual start time of Socks of Doom - take 2.

20060924fluffsw
Beware the fluff of DOOM!!!

20060924swsocks

What did I do different from the pattern? First, I flipped the heel flap. When I start with a knit row, there usually ends up being points where the gussets join the end of the flap. So, I turned my work and started with a purl row, ended with a knit row. Therefore the heel turn started on a purl row and ended on a knit row eliminating that pesky 'knit back across' that makes the points. Second, at the toe I was just shy of 8", doing another pattern set would put me just over, so I knit 1 round then began the toe decreases.

20060924swsock

Then I crocheted on the fluff...

20060924swfluff

I will mail these as soon as I can.

They also qualify for the Mystery Sock Pattern knit along. I joined a while back and haven't found a pattern otherwise that sounded good and hadn't been knitted a bunch. I knew this would end up being a pattern without a picture, so I planned on the SockWars pattern being at least 1 pair towards this knit-along.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home