Full of Stitches

Sunday, December 18, 2022

It Clicks, But Can I Sew It?

 I have read it over and again, but it didn’t sink in until I read this article on Hugs for Your Jugs. I know I have been wearing the wrong size because they just don’t fit me. I didn’t realize until I read that that I had been doing it since I was a teenager. I would buy certain types of bras because they “fit better.” But, they didn’t really fit. I would put on the same size in a balconette and a full coverage. The balconette looked cute-ish, the full coverage looked empty. I remember going into a store near Wichita that advertises it had every size bra available, and coming away with some crappy thing that didn’t fit because at least the sales lady was trying, and I needed something.

The article suggests maybe I look into projection… this I agree with. If I buy a bra at the store, it looks like I fit into the volume of it, but soon there will be a flat area on the bottom of the bra, the wires will dig into the sides of my breasts, and the center gore will pull forward to make room for my center-full gals that just want some room where they have shape and, by bra-god, they will push that wire and fabric monstrosity out of their way to get it.

So… I made the next size larger Lansdowne. I put it on and showed hubs. I switched to the one that I had made a couple days before (which is now developing a flat spot by the wire), and he saw it, too! 

Most bra patterns available are not made for my shape. They must adjust. I see now that mine really don’t need a wider wire. I just need space. I need a bra that allows for forward projection and has a place for roundedness in the inside curve. Most of the patterns I have tried flatten the breast from chest wall to apex.

Of the patterns I’ve tried, only one pattern company, LilypaDesigns, has built-in projection closer to where I need it (Although, inner fullness they reserve for big breasts. *sigh*). Another that I have heard well of, but not yet finished a bra from is Porcelynne

Give me courage, I’m going to make a bra that fits.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home