Full of Stitches

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Project Spectrum - May

I've run across this Project Spectrum on a few websites and have been considering knitting along wih it. But, it's the end of May and I haven't yet begun the green. I do have a hank of Lichen Silk that I want to make into the Branching Out Scarf, but I haven't yet begun. This would be my first scarf and first lace (unless I make lacy socks first).
button_PSmay.jpg

Last night, I ran across this Butterfly Cloth pattern and thought that would work great for PS! I finished knitting it this morning (under 2 1/2 hours altogether).
2006MayPS1.jpg
My gauge has been so wonky! When I came back to the computer, I found a size US8 and a US5 needle together.. Did I drop one and pick up another size? I'll just have to knit up another cloth to find out if knitting with one needle size (5 or 8) will work better!
2006MayPS2.jpg
I mixed up Lemon-Lime (green) and Jamaica flavor (red) KoolAid and handed the paintbrush to TJ. He did a great job painting the background green, and he even mixed the 2 and painted a brown branch for the butterfly to rest on! Then AJ wanted to help and it got crazy mixed up from there.
2006MayPS3.jpg
Now he's using the leftover KoolAid to paint his socks red and green.
2006MayPS4.jpg

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home