Full of Stitches

Monday, September 18, 2006

Argh, Me Matey!

I tried on the ARRRRgyle this morning for the fun of it because, when I had Ben try it on Saturday night, it just looked stretched. It seems to fit my ankle near perfectly! So, I guess I'm making me a pair of Arrrrgs -the need to finish them in sufficient time has gone. I can get them done on my own schedule, though it would be cool to go end Summer of Socks with a bang! Then, I can start again to make Ben's pair with larger needles!
20060918arrrrg
I think the heel flap is too short and I want to add another half repeat of the diamonds. I prefer longer socks than Ben does, and don't like the look of the pattern ending so abruptly at the heel flap (so, here's a heel to frog!). Beyond that, I think I've fallen for stranded knitting!
Jeremy was here when I stitched it up and heard all my errors noted. He queried me as to whether I'd purposely repeat those mistakes to make the other sock match. LOL.. uh, no. This is the first and I think it's pretty darn good (at least from a distance) for a first stranded knitting project. But, it will remain unique, even with it's mate. The mate has been worked to the first half diamond and I think I have one hole where I forgot to twist the yarns. Not bad, I think.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home