Full of Stitches

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Girls in the Pool

Last night, I cut out AJ's and this morning I sewed them both:
20070313swimdress2
I did make BB's shirt part a little bit long. I may shorten it a little, but, then again, she may grow into it. I used the One-Hour Bodyshirt pattern from New Conceptions for the bodice of BB's suit. I used the largest size, and the long sleeve and cut it off at the shortest mark -I did take it in on the sides because it's quite wide for swimwear (about 2 inches off total, one from each side, tapering to nothing at the hem of the sleeve). I think using the short sleeve, this pattern would work just fine.. Maybe even for making a larger person's swimdress! Just make the sleeves a touch wider if needed. I chopped it off above the snap extension and added an A-line skirt. Because of the stripes, I turned it and put the seams centered front and back to have that chevron design.

20070313swimdress3

AJ just loves hers. I used the size 4 'Little Girl's Modest Swimming Suit.' This pattern gives you the basic pattern which you then have to lengthen according to your wants and needs. I attached the skirt to the top instead of the shorts (no length change to the bodice), and simply added 2 inches to the sleeves, 3 inches to the shorts and about an inch to the skirt, and I could have easily added another 3 inches to the shorts! Oh, and I left out the 'panties' from inside the shorts. As is, it came out really cute.
20070313swimdress1
She was quite taken by the way the skirt floated around her in the pool! They're still wearing them, and getting everything they sit on soaking wet!

20070313cow
Cow just enjoyed the sunshine and watched the girls swim a bit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home