Full of Stitches

Saturday, November 06, 2010

What Do You Speak?

I'm sitting near the door at the coffee shop, studying, when an older trio walks in. I made eye contact & they descend upon me. The man waves envelopes & asks me to decipher the unintelligible gibberish so he can know what to do. There had been an accident, these were insurance letters. I did my best to help him understand what they said & how to get the claim forms he needs, explaining that I'm no lawyer.

One of the ladies shopped the while. The other listened intently. When they understood, the gal asked me, "What do you speak?" At somewhat of a loss, I told her just English. "Where you from?" SoCal..

Now, I realize that because they're foreign they're probably asked most what language they're speaking.. They were asking my heritage. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home