Full of Stitches

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adventure in San Fran!

Ben wasn't feeling well this morning. I wanted to let him rest and have some peace and quiet. So, after piano lessons, I drove up to San Francisco. And it only cost $430.50 to get my car back! Plus the parking fine.

There's a bike shop up there I'd been meaning to visit for a long while, My Dutch Bike.

A bicycle built for four:


20110413-062644.jpg

Simple, right? Drive to the city, find a garage or meter, slice a vein for the fee, go to the shop.

Another bike that can carry three:


20110413-062819.jpg

The shop was nice. I had the children look at magazines while I tried out the Bakfiets . Try one. Seriously. It took me a couple minutes to be comfortable with the length and steering, then it seemed so natural!

20110413-062210.jpg

Then LX and MissC got to ride along. Hooboy, did he howl! He's not used to being ahead of me, so it may have been more like a roller coaster to him. Once he stopped screaming, he started calling out , "Oh, no!" each time we neared someone or as I cornered. Back at the shop, he scrambled out as soon as his seatbelt was off. MissC, on the other hand, didn't want to leave!



20110413-064906.jpg

The children raced on Kinder Feets.


20110413-070936.jpg

Then we walked back to where we parked. And kept going to check if we'd parked on the next street... And crossed one more for good measure when we came across a traffic cop.

So, yellow on a meter means delivery only. Don't park by yellow meters in San Fran.

The officer suggested we head over and take the 14 bus to the impound. Only, I was flanked by five children, so the bus had left moments before by the time we found the right stop.



20110413-071848.jpg

We kept walking. I had checked my phone when talking to the officer and the impound was 1.7 miles away. The children have covered that distance before, but I kept updating my phone to see if I could hop on a bus.




20110413-072102.jpg

I gave MissA the camera, TJ pushed the stroller with sleeping LX, and the younger girls held my hands.

The gal at the impound was sweet, complementing the well-behaved children. My tired children.



20110413-072333.jpg

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home