Full of Stitches

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Too Too

20110323-114035.jpg

In yesterday's post, the new doll is wearing a jumper and tutu. Yep, that's Stitch's dress for her amigurumi doll. Again, I crocheted it awhile ago, but I didn't like the buttons I had. I found these the other day when I was at the fabric store. They're the perfect green post buttons.

The tutu was simple to make. I bought a roll of 6" wide tulle from the wedding/floral section of the local craft store. I picked yellow to go with her dress. I just sewed a long basting thread for a while and gathered it up. When I stopped gathering, the edge was too long to wrap around her waist just once, so I loosened the gathers until they wrapped around her twice. Then I pinned the skirt and marked it in quarters. I cut an elastic the size of the doll's waist, overlapped the ends and sewed it, then marked that in quarters. I pinned the elastic to the tulle at the marked points and found that I needed to pin more to keep it in place as I sewed. Then I used a 3 step zigzag (wavy line on my machine) and stitched the elastic in. My basting thread didn't want to come out, so I just stretched the waistband till it popped and voila: super quick tutu.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home