Full of Stitches

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Glut of Cherry Tomatoes

I have a volunteer tomato bush that comes up each summer. This year has been cool, so there hasn't been a tomato until this past week or so. Being that it's October, I thought it best to make the most out of what's there right now. So today I decided to start with green tomato chutney.

Plus my neighbor brought a mixed bag of heirloom & other tomatoes to us the other day which we haven't been able to get through. So, I picked as many ripe cherry tomatoes as I could find to see how much I had. Ended up with half as many as a tomato catsup recipe called for.

I've never used either of these recipes before, so I have no idea what we'll think of the flavors. I'll have to let them sit for a couple weeks, at least, to let the flavors mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home