Full of Stitches

Monday, June 27, 2011

Space, the Final Frontier



20110626-052309.jpg

Crafting overtook the game table set up in the corner of the living room. Then fabric filled some of the laundry baskets and were piled onto the coffee table. I considered building cabinets along the wall. I prayed for a cabinet to organize this chaos.

Last Friday, I was visiting a friend whose children have nearly all been potty-trained. She asked if I knew anyone who is expecting and needs a changing table. I drew a blank. Is anyone I know in the area expecting right now? She showed me the unit and my corner of piled baskets of fabric came to mind.. If she didn't find anyone in need, may I have it? Apparently, she'd had it on offer for a couple weeks without takers and was more than happy to give it to me!

My cutting mat fits on the lower side of the table, where the changing pad belongs. This disturbs Ben a little.. Now, the bottom drawer has scraps and fabric the children have requested, the middle drawer has my projects, and I'm working on organizing the top drawer.

LX fits in the cabinet, so I'll move in there more slowly. Otherwise, he dumps out what I put in there, or claims it as his own.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home