Full of Stitches

Thursday, May 25, 2006

House Arrest

It was one of those discussions.. Where neither is really right or wrong, but both feel something is off.

One of the things that I looked forward to in moving to the Bay Area is that it's only like a 7 hour drive down to see old friends and extended family. Ben's a workaholic and it shouldn't interrupt our life too much if I take the children down there for a work week once in a while (especially if he has a deadline or something). My high school reunion is coming up in August, but I'd hoped to go visit before then.

I made the mistake(?) of mentioning this to Ben a week or so ago. Last night, he told me that he feels at a distance right now.. (I have been trying to complete something before your "mystery guest" shows up, yes-no?) and that we didn't have plans until August.. Yes, dear, you haven't talked to me either.

So, I went to bed with the slight notion of being not allowed to go anywhere and that I'm under a form of house arrest.

Then, Ben called this morning from work. The key to the van was accidentally left in his pocket last night and had accompanied him to work.

Do I rest my case?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home