Full of Stitches

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Starting a sock

I started the Embossed Leaves socks.. again. This time in Rowan 4-ply Botany that I've had lying around since living in UK. I really ought to make another adorable sweater for someone tiny.. hmm.. could make it really tiny for a new someone.. I've got 8 months to make it.. And, I'm sure I'll get side-tracked and obsessed with making maternity clothes soon, too.

Anyway, I started this sock Thursday or Friday following the top-down instructions (maybe I'll be able to figure out a way to make a mate toe-up?). I made the ribbing in size 000 and it's perfect and I continued on to the pattern in that size: oops! So, I ripped it back and worked it in 00s, the 3 1/2 repeats are supposed to be 6 3/4", but it was only just over 6" and slightly too tight. RIP! Now, I'm using size 0s and I'm at 2 1/2 repeats. Seems the right tension, but I'll know for sure when I get another full repeat done.

But, I keep thinking of the Jaywalkers... For some reason, they fascinate me. I'm more interested in toe-up socks because I like them tall (using up all the yarn is a good thing!), so the toe-up version at Natalia Knits would be fun to try.. I haven't looked closely at the heel in the pattern, but I've got Denise's bookmarked just in case. I think I'll go decide which color of the Lorna's Laces I've got sitting around that I'll use and start them!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home