Full of Stitches

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mother’s Log: Stardate Saturday

When I emerged this morning from my peaceful slumber I was greeted with this:
20060610nesquik.jpg
Thankfully, the girls weren't fighting. What they were doing, though, was putting Nesquik in the glasses (yes, all 6 cups) and eating it. They had the milk out, but it didn't seem to have been as important once they had the Nesquik.

I've been feeling better. Not well at all times, mind you, but better. I no longer feel like I may be making an offering every time I pass the porcelain altar. Thank the Lord, it looks like it's not all from morning sickness! Hmm.. that sounds like a lunatic.. But, seriously, if I had that sort of illness to look forward to all trimester? I think I might go batty!! But, today, both girls showed signs of loose "movements" - I'm so happy!

We went for a drive today. Ben wouldn't tell us where we were going, so it was an adventure! We drove over to Morgan Hill and bought some cherries at an orchard. The children loved them!
20060610cherries.jpg

Then we drove around by the lake and over to the Coyote (something something) hiking trail. We walked about a mile of it. It's a good thing I keep a stroller in the car, AJ was NOT up to the walk (probably from the illness now that I think of it) and rode from about 3/4 mile out and back. BB got to ride up on Ben's shoulders. She loves touching the leaves when she can reach them.

We also stopped at Home Depot on the way home. We picked up some pots and seeds and strawberry plants. The children and bugs are eating the strawberries too quickly from the measly one plant we have, so more were called for! Ben wanted kitchen herbs - there's a plant window in the kitchen, but it's been empty since it was put in, now it's got planted seeds. And, we planted an avacado in a pot to see if it will sprout.

I hope to feel better this coming week. It's been so bad that knitting makes me nauseous! I've knit one round on my sock all week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home