Full of Stitches

Monday, June 05, 2006

Serger Practice

On Thursday, I pulled out my serger that my dear husband gave me for my birthday almost 2 years ago. I dusted it off and asked it to forgive me for being so negligent of it in the last year, pulled out the codebook and followed the threading directions. I even used scraps and checked the look of the stitches and used the foreign codes in the book to diagnose and cure the ails of the tension.

New Dress

The serger forgave me. Most of the seams came out great. I stretched the sleeves out a bit with the coverhem, but figured out my mistake and hemmed the nursing access brilliantly. The center back seam can use some help, but I'll see if washing/drying will fix that first. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this performance and hope to dye it into usefullness at some point. Perhaps for now it can be retained as a nightgown or house dress. Neck and skirt hem are all that need to be finished to make it 'wearable.' I just have to decide how exactly to do the neck and take the time to hem it! (Hems often get left for weeks around my sewing room)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home