Full of Stitches

Saturday, July 29, 2006

BB’s Socks

Yesterday I pulled out my old Magic Stripes sock yarn and pondered it for a bit. I decided that it's time to work that stash! The first pattern book that piqued my interest was Knit a Dozen Baby Socks by Edie Eckman. They're only for sizes 6-12mo and 18-24mo, and BB has much bigger feet already. The patterns are for Sport Weight yarn and size 3 needles. Well, I knit loose, so I decided that Magic Stripes is close enough to Sport Weight and went at the Basic Sock pattern (page 4- the baby on the cover is wearing the basic socks in variegated yarn). The other socks call for/need solid colors or complementary colors. This will be a fun book to practice multi-yarned patterns! I could have so many cute socks when #4 is born...

I finished knitting the socks late last night and went to bed. This morning, BB got up early and was not interested in letting me sew. The socks got put off till after Ben was up. He let me get a nap, then I finished grafting toes and sewing in ends. Ben adores the socks because they match the ones I made him! BB meanwhile had fallen asleep in the front room. So, Ben snuck in there and put the completed socks on her feet!

BB Basic Baby Socks1BB Basic Baby Socks2

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Very cute! They look like they are very much appreciated. :)

    By Anonymous Jessica, at 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home