Full of Stitches

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Has it been so long?

20021213twinsweaters
I made these sweaters for the twins in 2002 when I lived in the UK. It's hard to believe it's been 3 1/2 years since we were there.

I'm putting this photo up for Esther to examine (with magnifying glass? I haven't learned to link yet... Maybe I should just upload it to my flickr or yahoo photo album? let me know..). I used what she refers to as 'stockinette crochet'. In order to have a smoother fabric, I kept the yarn on the same side of the work at all times - which means that on every other row the yarn is between me and the work and the hook goes through 'back to front'. This helps to make a more uniform look to each row. Instead of having every 2 lines being together as a horizontal stripe, the stripes are smoothed out. On the back of the work each line is a defined horizontal stripe.

As Esther described, this leaves zigzags up the work, like so:
//
\\
//
\\

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home