Full of Stitches

Friday, August 25, 2006

Mystery Pattern

Sometimes there is a pattern that lurks in your collection. It was so cute, or pretty, or just intrigued you so much that you bought it, perhaps even on a whim - those dollar sales can do that to people.. Sometimes when you're going through the patterns, you come across this pattern and think sweet thoughts of it. But, never have you made it!

Sadly, I'm at a wardrobe crisis. I've been staring at my closet and trying to follow my motivation to completion. Yet I have now come to realization that the forces at work have been having a lengthy argument. The Tastes lean toward simplicity. The Needs have changed once more. The Closet and Stash cry out, "This is all we have to offer!"

I've just about completed 3 dresses that will wear well for just a couple weeks or so before being set aside for after the birth. The bump is finally arriving. My non-maternity clothes do not fit and my maternity clothes are mismatched and without enough bottoms. I prefer long A-line skirts over other styles and I'm used to separates. Dresses will be fine some days, but daily wear clothes are lacking.

I pulled out two mystery maternity patterns. I cut and sewed the skirt pattern from each. Now I seek elastic. I know I saw some around here just a few days ago!

I've had these patterns since early last pregnancy and have yet to make them. I'm beginning to wonder what I saw in the one pattern, the dress was fad-ish then, I guess. This pattern seems geared toward the larger belly pregnancies. the dress front has gathers under the bust - thankfully, the back is a smooth line that doesn't scream from the rear view, "I'm hiding something here, too!" Even the pants and skirt panel is huge. It's made from a knit, but the bottom of the panel is over 2 inches wider than the pant/skirt edge - this wouldn't shock me if it were a woven, but it's a knit panel! If I get anywhere near as big as I did when I was expecting BB, I may be able to use this skirt in the last month or two.

The other pattern has a simple A-line feel to the dress. The pant/skirt panel is the same width as the edge it connects to. I'm reasonably certain this skirt will fit a good while through this pregnancy. If only I could find that elastic.

If I head to the fabric store, I'm sure I'll also find something new to help the other wardrobe issues.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home