Full of Stitches

Monday, October 02, 2006

Little Things

Last week, we planted some seeds in the garden. Give it a little time and water and it's amazing what happens! The salad is starting to spring up like crazy -we'd just scattered the seeds and now are slowly thinning it to give room to grow; yummy!
20061001salad

And, the peas are poking out their little heads!
20061001peas

In the late morning yesterday, we had the first rain of the season.. Well, the first rain since Spring! The girls pulled out their coats and Wellies and had a blast!
20061001rain

I've missed the rain so much! It's already chilly. I had one set of flannel sheets that fit my bed, but none for the children (there is one set for the crib, I think.. but none for the beds they sleep in now). So, I ran off to Target to check the selection. NONE. They have jersey and they have some nice smooth sheets, but no flannel. So, I walked to the other end of the mall (yes, Target is a 'department store' in the local mall) and visited Linens N Things. They have Eddy Bower flannel sheets and right beside them they have some other label (maybe I should read it) flannel sheets for 50% off. Same original price, just half off. I was planning on buying a set for each of the children's beds, but at that price, I grabbed 2 each! I may have to get another set for my bed.. with a baby due in "winter" I may have to change my sheets more frequently.

Ben found a good price and bought the plane tickets. I'll miss him so much! The children and I will be off to visit family and friends starting next week. I'll have to dig around and see if I have more nice cushy yarn to make socks for Gramma! I've started a shawl that I'll probably bring to work on in transit (crochet hooks gets less worried looks from fellow travelers than 5 DPNs), and I've got a few other projects to tuck into my bag for at Mom's and MIL's.
signing off for tonight.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Jennifer, check out QVC.com for the best flannel sheets. I have several sets and they are yummy. They are made by Northern Nights and I won't buy anything else. When it gets cold here I will be in my flannel sheets and the "wrist warmers" and socks to keep snugglie.

    By Anonymous auntgerry, at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home