Full of Stitches

Monday, October 02, 2006

Purple Socks

20061001swgerry (before closing toe to be sure they weren't too long)

I've made a third pair of ISoD socks , I just mailed them before 5PM this evening. I picked up some DK yarn called "Magic Garden Buttons" at my LYS ("made in New Zealand for Naturally Hnd Knit Yarns"). It's 83% pure NZ wool and 17% 'polyester effect' yarn -that's the little color spots, they're actually a ply of the yarn. This yarn is really soft! I was a little unsure about the poly yarn near the toes, some people are more sensitive to rubbing in that area, so I decided to use the red from the stranded heel for the toes, too. I have no idea the brand this yarn is, it's been aging gently in my stash since UK. I am pretty sure that it's 100% wool and was supposed to be a hat. Some yarns are just destined for socks.
2006socktobercalbutton
These qualify as my first pair of Socktoberfest socks, and I'm putting this under the SockWars category because these are actually for 'AuntGerry' who has yet to figure out her assassin and isn't sure that anyone is targetting her yet. I'll be going out of town shortly and don't know if I'll be able to make socks for the victims of dropouts when the game's done. And, you can never have too many pairs of socks!

Kiarapanther has done an awesome job of assembling a list of participants sans email-addies! I'm hoping posting this link will allow others who perhaps have yet to find the forum (which is a requirement of participating!!) to get over there and update the other players.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Oh my gosh, how cool. I can hardly wait. You are sooooo nice. Oh yeah!!!!

    By Anonymous auntgerry, at 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home