Full of Stitches

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Get Real!

I read about it on Monkey's blog and popped over to the Harlot to read the whole bit. Can you believe it?

So, were they banking without internet access? No, that wouldn't explain the fact that they were accepting credit cards for an online business.. Hello, Bank Execs, could you possibly get a clue? How many dollars do you think it costs to supply a knitter (male or female) with 6 pairs of socks a year, plus perks? Shall we break it down? The sock kits at BMFA range from $24 to $64 - and they use new product for the sock club (new colors that wont be available to us non-clubbers until next year!). There are bonuses and perks included - the notebook to keep the year in socks is a cute idea.

Sadly, lots of the knitters commenting seem to think this is an anti-female-business-owners stance from the bank. I hope they're wrong and that it's just stupidity. There are plenty of women who seem to think that sock knitting is not worthwhile - usually until they receive a pair of handknit socks, then they want more without the work!

I wish I were in the STR club, but alas, I'm impatient and they were already full when I went to sign up last year. Maybe I should get in the queue for next year :)

Since we're on the subject of socks, I just finished up a pair yesterday.. or rather, Wednesday (since it's already Friday, I guess that's not yesterday any more even though I have yet to sleep). So, everyone but me and the *mini who has yet to reveal itself* have matching socks! (Bottom pair is the newest, for 9yo TJ)
20070119socks
I used knitty's Widdershins pattern (by Brooke Chenoweth Creel) with LB Magic Stripes on size 0 DPNs to get socks that fit the 9yo! I've already started a pair in another colorway on size 1s that should fit me..
(note: the first pair that I attempted of this pattern was with Lorna's Laces and maybe size 00 DPNs - they fit the 2yo! So, I'm thinking that I need to buy some of the suggested yarn to figure out what size it is.. Though it could just be that I like a gauge of 9sts/in and this 7sts/in thing just calls for a bigger yarn in my hands.. 7sts/in just seems so airy: Under my feet, LL would fall apart so quick!)

I may make a pair for the New Little from the rest of this colorful stripes. But, even with a cute name like "Rainbow Socks" that AJ (the 4yo) has dubbed them, I don't like the finished look. I like the colors.. They're just too varying for me! I'm boring. I'll finish knitting myself up some ugly ones soon and then knit up some gorgeous lacy items!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home