Full of Stitches

Monday, June 18, 2018

First up: Shelley

My first choice in patterns is the Pin-Up Girls #3235: Shelley. I liked the basic look of the pattern and what information I could find indicated this is a good starter pattern. It is a four piece cup, so beginning sew-ers may want to try a simpler two piece cup first, but I do like a good puzzle. The measurements indicated I should try the 36C, which I did not. I do not like a loose and sliding band. I usually purchase a 34D or 34DD, if I can find it. I bought the pink pattern (smallest set of sizes) and went with the 34D. It did not fit. Mind you, I pulled it on and wore it, but it wasn’t right. So, I thought, maybe up a cup, down a band size... and purchased the yellow envelope (next size up), and I accidentally pulled the elastic too tight. The band cut off my circulation a bit and the cup was still wrong.


At this point, I was frustrated that the wire was uncomfortable, so I took it out and wore the Shelley without it. However, after a few tries, I determined that it is just too round and shelf-like for my preference. 

I may come back to Shelley, but I’m shelving this pattern while I consider how to improve it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home