Full of Stitches

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Search For Sock

I decided to check my favorite pair of socks to get an idea of the gauge I like (11st/16r per in & others are tighter gauge). I knew whilst making the ones for TJ that the stitches seemed too loose for my taste. I think his were knit on size 2.. maybe size 1? Hmm.. Well, I'm making AJ's on the blue needles :) they could be 00. These are the second smallest in the Susan Bates sock pack (which I bought at JoAnn's, hence the link there). I really want to make the over the knee socks from Handknit Holidays! But, I'm thinking I may rework the gauge.. So the eyelets will end up smaller and more numerous.. But, if I come up with my own pattern for socks I like, then I could put any designs on the side/back and they'd be lurvly!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home