Full of Stitches

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Started the Jays..

Note to Self: you seem to knit loosely. If the chevrons don't make it smaller, please rip the Jaywalkers and start over with smaller needles. Ben doesn't need girly-colored socks. They're your colors, make them fit your feet! thanks, your id.

I started the Jays on size 0s. The first I actually started to work the pattern side with 1s keeping the soles on 0s.. Then I started the 2nd sock toe. (sigh) I need to remember to try these things on.. How can you tell how well they'll fit when there's only a tiny bit of toe? The smallest size calls for 64 stitches at the largest end of the toe (pattern calls for 6 more sts). I know that the Magic Stripes socks I made for Ben were about 72 sts and huge on me, so why would I think Lorna's Laces would knit up that much smaller? Oh well. Just going to have to start over tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home