Full of Stitches

Monday, July 31, 2006

and it was going so well..

The gardeners came while we were still in, so I was able to unlock the gate and let them in (they haven't been in the backyard for over a month). Everyone got dressed and I did the girls' hair. We stopped by Hancocks and found something I was looking for and then went across to the mall and had lunch (Mongolian BBQ, yum!). We went over to Sweet Factory and got the candy I've been searching for. Then, we went to Target...

I just needed gift wrap and a card for the gift, and to pick up some paper and glue for the children. I was thinking that glue sticks won't be so messy. TJ saw the white glue and I told him that I was getting the sticks instead and he asked again and I told him that as long as the girls don't use it, that should be fine to have a bottle. Then he let BB hold it.

We went from school supplies to printer paper to gift cards. I chose 2 cards and looked down at BB. The cap was missing; the bottle empty. BB was peeling her chin.

So, I went to the wrap aisle. I picked out cute paper and ribbon. Went to the checkout. The gal in the line next to us started to say something.. And I said, "Yes, it's glue." She nearly shuddered and said she thought it was throwup, but that glue is so much worse. We checked out and headed directly into the restroom (Thank you, Target, for being so understanding that we caretakers do really need a restroom not just by the entrance, but also directly in front of the checkstands on the way to the exit). I managed to get BB to stand in the sink while her dripping dress was peeled off her. Just a little got in her hair. I wiped the drips from her legs. Paper towel went into the stroller, then the 2yo, then more paper towel. In the car, the towel we use to keep the seats cooler in the sun went under her bottom and back and she was strapped in.

At home, she wanted to sit on the front step and peel her belly. I ran a bath and set her in the water. Just soaking should get most of it off the way she plays in the bath.

I have a headache.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home