Full of Stitches

Monday, July 31, 2006

Summer of Socks #3

For my BushMaster Study: I had been reading through Folks Socks previously and put it down unfinished. Friday, I came across the book again and flipped through the patterns and found that it contains the perfect pattern for my BushMastery to begin, a child's size variation of the basic sock pattern!

2006.07.31 aj socks1That's Gatorade all over her face..

The pattern calls for 15st/2in but I came up with 8st/in with this needle size. I was planning on making the socks for TJ, but with the smaller gauge they were a touch too tight; I finished the length to fit AJ. She put the first on as soon as I was done sewing in ends and told me she had one foot in a sock and one foot out. When I finished the second sock, she simply sweetly said, "Thank you," as she put it on.
I've seen on other sites that many knitters list the FO info, so:

2006.07.31 AJ socks2

Pattern: Folk Socks book, 'A Classic Sock Pattern' (p. 59) as written with Round Heel shaping and Wedge Toe (yarn drawn through at end).
Needles: size 1, Gauge: 8st/in
Yarn: LB Magic Stripes #201 (almost out now! Don't think I can get another whole pair!)

I'm thinking the gathered toe won't work as well for our feet. It stretches fine, but I like the fit of grafted toes a bit better.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Woman, you are a sock MACHINE! Wow!

    I'm still struggling with my first pair!

    By Anonymous kt, at 5:52 PM  

  • Very cute! She looks very happy to have them. :)

    By Anonymous Jessica, at 6:16 AM  

  • [...] Marisol started out the month by flashing her neutral stash and what a stash it is! Definitely drool worthy. Equally drool worthy are the beautiful purple socks she’s making for her SOS sock swap pal along with another pair from fiber trends and a big pre-felting clog. Manda has finished a great pair of Jaywalkers and has been nice enough to mention the SOS on her podcast more than once! Thanks for that Manda! Mama E has been busy as always updating her warehouse of wonderful things to purchase while still finding time to go on vacation AND work on her BEAU sock. Make you wonder if she ever gets to sleep, doesn’t it? Speaking of people that I think may never sleep, Maggie has been cranking out the socks as usual and has pics of SOS pairs #12 AND #13 on her blog for you to see. There be dragons at Lola’s along with some other nice sockage you should see. Lynne has some great vacation pics for you to see on her blog along with CIC socks too. Beautiful vacations and charity knitting go hand in hand. Go check out a seriously happy kid and her socks at Jennifer’s! Could you ask for a better reception to your hard work? Karen has mastered the short row heel! Way to go Karen! She’s also aiming to be a knitting master in other ways too, so go cheer her on! Keli made a very cute Jaywalker-esque bag to hide some sock yarn in and she dyed the yarn herself. Very cool. On the busy knitter front, Karin has finished SOS pairs 6, 7 and 8 and has come close to reaching her initial goal for the Summer of Socks! Way to go Karin! (By the way, have *you* looked back at your goals recently? How’s it going?) Baudelaire socks are proving a bit of a challenge for Katie, but she is sticking to it. I am definitely going to have to try that pattern out myself…. Go check out Leigh’s blog design refresh and while your there have a look at her completed lace rib socks! Very nice indeed! Kristin has been one busy knitter! She won some ribbons at the fair, taken her socks on a trek or two, and even done some relaxing by the pool. Go check out the pictures! It’s totally worth it! Lolly was working on some knee high brown lace socks, but she had to scrap that plan as they didn’t quite make it up to her knees. She’s definitely making the best of the change in plan, go see! Another must-see is what Jess got for sock yarn! I almost had to pinch myself when I read it! She’s also got some beautiful Wyverns to show you too. Finally, Kelly has some really pretty cable rib socks on the go even if she has put her knitting on notice. Keep at it Kelly! The socks are too pretty not to finish! [...]

    By Anonymous Summer of Socks » Blog Archive » Week 9 update, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home