Full of Stitches

Friday, August 18, 2006

Nursing Access

Natalija asked how I make my nursing opening in the ELD 204 dress. I describe it as an upside down U. If I turn the dress inide out, and stuff an envelope in, it looks like this:
20060818opening.jpg
I put the original instructions next to the opening so you can see the difference. They have you cut it open from the top and maybe add elastic straps across to keep it from falling open. I just invert that and round out the top. My opening is a touch wider (I try to keep it an inch or so in from my bust points), but it stays closed when I want it to.
old 204 opening
This is the first dress I tried this opening on. The trial was too wide across and would stay open too easily, but the general idea worked really well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Jennifer, now I understand completely. It looks really good. I will keep this in mind for future needs. Thanks.

    By Anonymous Natalija, at 4:58 AM  

  • Great tip! BTW, the dress in the previous post looks really good!

    By Anonymous Sarah, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home