Full of Stitches

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

10 Years?

This weekend was my 10-year High School Reunion. Ben and i packed up the children and drove Wednesday night. It only took about 7 hours to get down to OC. We infiltrated our dear friends home at 5:30AM, and thankfully went back to sleep. That day, Ben and the oldest boy from each of our families went to visit at Ben's old company (they're doing great, supporting 6 people currently!), and Susan and I took the other 6 children shopping. I managed to find a nice dress for Saturday night and kept myself from buying any other frivolous things. I checked into the hotel and she headed back home for her midwife appointment - they're due in October with #6!

Friday, we hunted down Cyndi at her place of work. Afterward, our family had a nice quiet lunch at El Torito (one of my favorite lunch places in the area), and headed back to the hotel. I stayed with BB to give her a nap while Ben took TJ & AJ to the mall to find him some shoes.

That night we met Cyndi and her girls for a movie in the park. I thought it was pretty cool! How long has Placentia been putting these on? I think there are 2 or 3 more this summer. BB was a bit wild from excitement and fatigue, so we headed out early, but it was a nice time.

Saturday, I met my sister, Sue, and Susan and Cyndi at the nails place and got purtied up. Afterwards, Ben and I took our children to Jeff's for a BBQ. Jeff's looking better than he did last time I saw him (stress and illness passing).

That night was the Reunion. We left the children with Ben's parents' old (as in before they moved) neighbor. They did fine till bedtime.. BB still doesn't like to go to bed without me about.

The Reunion turned out to be lots of fun. I was pleasantly surprised and will have to order some photos because I forgot the camera - all weekend. Not 1 photo!! I greeted lots of people who I haven't seen in ages, several that I wouldn't mind picking up chatting with upon occasion (too bad they/we don't live closer), and some that it was just intriguing to see.

The Holmes twins got me on the dance floor, and we dragged Susan out there. Muhahaha.

And David asked me to admit that I stole his stapler in 5th grade.

(I probably did, I was a horrible klepto back then [thanks, sibs]. I'm glad I've gotten over that stage of my life!)
So, yes David, I stole your stapler.

Sunday was pleasant. We invaded our friends' house again and had a BBQ. Both my neices came. I hadn't seen RF since Jan and hadn't met BS (yes, those are her initials). My big brother and his wife (RF's parents) are doing well. SIL came, but her hubby had to work (BS' parents). And, Sue had some friends over and Ben invited Wigger and wife, too.

Funny how conversation turns to birthing when there are 2 pregnant women and a nurse around! The poor men...

Monday, we slept in nicely and headed home. I think we headed out of OC about 11:30AM and got home at 7:15PM. The girls were in bed by 9PM and we weren't far to follow.

This morning I'm considering menu planning and scheduling again. It'll be nice to go into September with a goal.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a fun trip! Nice, isn't it, the way California is so navigable within a 24-hour period?

    There's a package being packed for you in the next 15 minutes, and tomorrow it will be chauffeured to the post office to flee the Arizona heat in favor of the California heat.....

    By Anonymous kt, at 1:48 PM  

  • EEEE!!!! I'm *so* looking forward to the package!!

    By Anonymous Administrator, at 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home