Full of Stitches

Thursday, August 17, 2006

What a Day!

I may make this 2 posts because I'm not sure at this point how long this will become! And, I've got pics!

I had left my 2 dresses here for the weekend (sigh). So, today I finished the side seam, put in the sleeves and put on the daisy print ELD204 dress. All it needs is hemming and buttons! (That's generally 'wearable for a day' around here)

Daisy204 Front
(See the bump?)

I altered the pattern to suit my taste: by flipping the nursing opening to an upside down U (the regular one seems to fall open), using the ELD210 square neckline option, lengthening (or shortening) the sleeves to elbow length, and altering the ties so I can apply buttons/holes when I decide where exactly they need to be:

Daisy204 Tie

I had called Mom on Tuesday and told her I was thinking of making a quilt from the tiny scraps of fabric that Fashion Fabrics Club sends out monthly. She was delighted to send them. In the mail today, I received a shoebox full of fabric squares:
Scraps Box for Quilt

Also, were some of Gramma's old scraps and these squares that she received at a quilt meeting:
Gram's Squares
They're replicas of 12 inch squares. I may have to make another to match or just make it into a 9 patch doll quilt with a matching pillow.

After a couple of hours, I had this:
Scrap Quilt
I didn't match as I went. First I piled some next to me, then just went to the next square I pulled from the box.

Name that movie, as described by my 3yo:
Talking Calf, walking Turtles, and a big animal that's round with spiral teeth and horns..? They're walking in the snow and they talk.. The kid animals are playing in the mud and the Mommy animal says, "Come on."

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Your bump look great (I'm envious), the dress is lovely, the quilt is looking sweet, and I'm stumped as to the film.....

    There's another box on it's way to you.....

    (grin)

    By Anonymous kt, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home