Full of Stitches

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ramblings

Judy Gibson has a nice chart to help me.. The Toe-Up Jays are 70 st around (38 top, 32 bottom), so I could go with the 64 or 68 to make sense of this. She says to knit the foot to the join which should be ~3.5" less than total foot length. She suggests only increasing for the gusset 10 times altogether (not 19 times).
From Natalia's pattern: "Continue working your gusset increases every other row until you have 16 (18, 19, 21) stitches on each side outside of your markers. (you will have a total of 70 (78, 84, 92) stitches on the sole side of your sock.)"
For my 70st (lopsided) socks, I should get to ~90-94 st after gusset increases according to Judy Gibson. And the heel should be worked across 20 st down to 8...
"On the last plain round, put markers in your knitting one stitch in from either side, so you will have 38 (42, 46, 50) stitches in that middle section...
For this section (Heel Extension), we will only be knitting between the two markers."

Then pick up 15st each side to have 38 on the heel area.

I think if I rip back.. again.. (sigh).. -I can DO this- to the point at which I'd increased to ~56 st on the sole side (~94 st altogether), then do the decrease thing on the center 38 as stated in the pattern..

Let's get to work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home