Full of Stitches

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Early Morning (yawn)

BB's teething and was up in the night. Nursing at odd hours has become quite uncomfortable, so when I was sure she'd had a good amount, I declared myself done for the night and stayed with her. She promptly climbed over me and took over my bed.
A while later (who knows, no lit clocks in the girls' room), AJ was coughing like mad. I had her roll over off her back to keep it out of her lungs and went to find the Triaminic. I dosed her and found it hard to get back to sleep. So, around 4:30AM this morning, I went through donation items and boxed them, rotated laundry and started knitting.
20060819 Jay Gussets
(sorry so blurry, it's overcast this morning)

With Sock Wars looming in the not-so-distant future, I've decided to try to clear out my needles. This morning I was able to finish the gusset increases on the Toe-Up Jays. I'll be ready to turn the heels after a nap! Sue's Tabi socks take these needles; my goal is to finish the Jays and her socks before her birthday (which is the start date of Sock Wars).

I was asked about TJ's progress. Well, yesterday he sewed the lower back seam Wrong-Sides-Together (WST) at 1/4 inch, pinked and ironed it. Then we were quite distracted by the girls. Next up is to sew that seam Right-Sides-Together (RST) at 3/8 inch. That is a french seam in which the edges of the fabric are contained. Then we'll get to the zipper.

TJ French seam A

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Go TJ!

    I'm working on my second scrub top with the wonderful help of my mother-in-law. I think I'd like to take a sewing class.

    By Anonymous kt, at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home