Full of Stitches

Friday, October 06, 2006

Dear Sue,

I've been working hard away at knitting up these socks for you. I've been watching oh so closely as the colors pool and swirl and do odd things. I remembered that you wanted them shorter, but hadn't read ahead in the instructions before beginning them. There's calf-shaping for the original 8.5 inch legs and you only wanted 6 inches. Well, I had to finish the shaping to get to the right stitch count for the heel/foot area.

I know your like a fashionable Diva. I don't want these socks to be a total and utter disappointment to you. If you don't like them now, tell me.
(and I'll keep them ;))
20061006GFsock
Isn't that swirl cool? (my toes look funny because they're curled on the edge of the coffee table)

And, check out the children:
20061005botany
This is TJ's version of botany class. He keeps an eye on the garden and brings in good eats. Here, he's slicing up one of our bell peppers to share with the girls and me.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • those rock!!

    By Anonymous Super Sue, at 10:32 AM  

  • I love the way the colors pool. I always try to get my socks to pool, but they always stripe. My friends and I figure its becasue I have a small foot and do not cast on as many stitches thus making it stripe. My friend has large feet and large ankles and hers always pool.
    I'm thinking I will knit some plain white knitpicks yarn and then dye them with koolaid in a pooling pattern after they are knit.
    All my friends at the knitwits group are really loving my sock wars and sock of doom purple socks.

    By Anonymous auntgerry, at 1:47 PM  

  • I love the socks!! So do the girls at work. you totally rock! Say "hi" to the sprouts. love ya guys and miss ya. see ya during the summer and maybe in yosemite.

    By Anonymous Super Sue, at 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home