Full of Stitches

Monday, November 26, 2007

Holly Days

Last year, someone had the bright idea to do a round robin style gift exchange between all the adults in my family. I thought it would be fun and agreed to sign up. The majority of the family is in SoCal and most of us think that gift cards are a fine gift, so I made arrangements between two people that the money would be transferred from one to the other so that the other would pick up the card and pass it on to the recipient.

Apparently, I failed in giving the gift. All year, I have been trying to get in touch with the person (in-person) with each trip I make to SoCal to make amends, and the person is either out-of-town or won't return my phone calls or emails about visiting. And, the gossip-loop called and told me that the would-have-been recipient is so put-off by not having received this gift that s/he's sworn off gift-giving at all (exclude me and mine, sure, but everyone else?).

Ah well, hopefully an apology and gift help, but such is life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home