Full of Stitches

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Grey for Mr. Grey

Fantastic job seeing that I had two left feet! No one wrote in why!

Sock the first was done to pattern and fit me perfectly, so I added an extra lace chart repeat to sock the second and finished knitting it and that one fit Ben. A pair of mismatched socks is always a photo shoot (though some may be rather hush hush). I've since frogged the toe from sock the first and made it to match the other.

img 2 left feet

1. Not on raveley yet: ;)
2. Pattern Source: Folk Socks by Nancy Bush
3. Yarn: Lorna's Laces, 2 skeins in Pewter
4. Needle Size: US 0 (2mm)
5. Gauge: good question, will check when done NAK
6. Pattern Changes: No picot on hem (requested by recipient), Eye of Partridge heel, extra lace pattern repeat to give more length, used ssk at beginning of round on second toe to mirror first.
7. Yarn Review: Had a little tiny ball left from each foot as usual (even though the yarn shop insists I should get 3 socks from 2 skeins)
8. Did it fit: Yes, with the extra repeat. It fit my foot perfectly without it.
9. How many times did I frog: Just the toe once.
A. Usability analysis: Will be fabulous
B. Final Thoughts: I almost want to make a pair for me! So many other patterns to try first!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home