Full of Stitches

Friday, November 16, 2007

Diaper

I had to search, but I finally found my pattern! It was in a box of all sorts of diapering stuff, way down under everything.
img Boys Diaper
My MIL asked what I use to make diapers. My favorite pattern is the Side-Snapping PooPockets by New Conceptions. Why? Aesthetics. I like the extra cuteness factor of the smoother front (the tabs get hidden behind the front layer instead of covering it over). They take a touch longer to make, but the fit is great.

img A in SSPP (this is AJ, 4 years ago: about 11mo)
See? Smooth front, much cuter than bulky overlapping tabs.

Personally, I think it's fun to get old sweatshirts from garage sales for these, but any good absorbent fabric works. Hemp is *great* for diapers! (Explanation of why hemp's good.) The last time I made diapers, the outsides were shirts, sweatshirts or pants, and the insides were hemp. (In the photo above, the turned layer is hemp terry and has the soaker pad and elastic sewn to it, the blue layer will be the outside of the diaper and the hemp jersey will be the inner layer. I could just do the terry and outside because that terry is very durable!)


I've bought hemp at
Full Moon Hemp

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Amie Nguyen at the Hemp link is wrong about the material that the Declaration of Independence is written on. The material is parchment made from sheepskin not hemp.

    By Anonymous Poppa, at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home