Full of Stitches

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pink is Still SO Pink.

My dear friend, Susan, gave me some pink baby yarn a few years ago that had been her grandmother's. I would love to make Susan something special and pink for her baby(-ies) with it, but it's wool (thankfully, superwash). She hates finicky laundry. I'm still thinking of making her something for a girl, but I'm not sure how it would go over. And, there's only so much yarn! I'm sure I could get two or three baby sweaters out of it, but her youngest girl is now over a year old. I'll really have to dig through my books for a sweater of fingering weight for that size. Hahaha: I just walked over to the bookshelf and the first thing I pulled off was an old Workbasket magazine with a size 2 crochet sweater on the cover in baby pink 3-ply! It calls for 6 1 ounce skeins and these are 1 3/4 ounce skeins, so it should only take like 4!

My pastor and his wife are expecting number five. They have four boys and the scan shows this one as a girl. Can you imagine the excitement? I asked her what her color(s) are and she simply said, "Pink."

Looks like I'll have enough to make both, but I'd better get to it. I can only stand So. Much. Pink. for so long.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home