Full of Stitches

Monday, January 14, 2008

Sewing A Zipper Into A Handknit Sweater

On Sunday, my friend Mrs. A had a gorgeous new purple sweater on her baby. It's one of those hooded sweaters with the zipper down the back, and the person who made it added a pompon at the top to give the pointy zipper top more elf-appeal. She let me have a look inside to see how the zipper was sewn in and now that I've seen it, I know I can finish the sweater I made for MissC! It's been sitting waiting for months and all it needs is a zipper!

I'll get my camera fixed sooner or later. I've hand-basted it in and just have to sew it.

Now I've got a sweater begging me to be knit. I have no pattern and don't think I'll find one! I saw this and it reminded me and I've been crazy to do something about it today! I've sewn up a basic trial run (Ben really digs it) and need to figure out how to proceed. I'm so excited! I've been hemming and hawing with this basic idea for a few months and finally drew it on paper. It's got major kinks before I knit it, so I'll just leave you hanging. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home