Full of Stitches

Monday, February 18, 2008

Square Foot Garden

img: garden box missc

I picked up a new book, All New Square Foot Gardening, and it looks along the line of how I want to garden, just simplified. Saturday, Ben did some running around to get the supplies (vermiculite in the 3.5 cu ft bags can be ordered through Summer Winds in the Bay Area).
img garden boxes missa
He built me 6 2x3 boxes. The boxes from last year will be great for carrots and other deep rooting plants.

I asked the man what he wants in the garden. He replied, "Potatoes." Anything else, "Potatoes.. and beef." Maybe next time we move.

img ben rest

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I love your square foot boxes - I have the old old square foot gardening book that went with the PBS series - it's a great way to garden...

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home