Full of Stitches

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mittens for T.J.

I tried the pattern from the book and liked it, but it's too narrow for my hand, so I know it'll be too narrow for his shortly. Then, the book was overdue at the library (I'm one of those who keeps the library in business), so I returned it and haven't picked it up again yet. I was flipping through my books and magazines to see if I have a mitten pattern that's boyish enough and came across the Peruvian Hat in Knit.1 (Spring 2006) (link to pic of the only one on Ravelry) which has people kicking a ball. Perfect! This will be his mitten!

img redyellowmitten

I started off with the cuff from Women's Norwegian Mitts pattern. And am using the palm chart from Glittens pattern. I'm hoping to add a sun to the top of the back, I'm thinking of using the boy/girl pattern for the top of the palm side. After all, if I glitten them, will any of this patterning I'm adding to the back of the hand show much of the time?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home