Full of Stitches

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jumper!!

img jumper img jumper back

I saw this pattern (McCall 5577) in the store and there was just something about it. I was almost afraid to sew it because it might look too childish, but decided it could at least be a nice maternity jumper. I showed the pattern envelope to Ben and he pointed out that the example drawing has a white line that separates the bodice from the skirt and it just seems to be 'the' thing that makes the jumper something special. So, since I planned to wear this with the white Marlo Mommy Top, I decided to go for the 'line' by adding piping to the bodice edge.

Verdict: It's so comfortable, and since I sewed the pleats for the amount marked on the pattern, there's some shaping to it to make it feminine instead of childish. And, I can release the last inch or so as my belly grows and wear this throughout and then sew them back after we meet the new little person.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • That's very pretty - I love the piping and the longer length!

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 9:00 AM  

  • That's very pretty - I love the piping and the longer length!

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home