Full of Stitches

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Princess Dora



20110323-085136.jpg

I don't have my pattern any more! I'm sure it was lost in the Great Craftroom Gutting of '09. Le sigh.

MissC begged me to buy this Dora fabric last year. I gave in and bought a yard or so, and yellow polka dots to match. In the secret fabric stash it went until.. She outgrew her size small apron! (really, she doesn't seem to eat enough to outgrow anything!)

With all the doll sewing, she found the Dora fabric and started asking me for a dress (I bought it with an apron in mind). I pulled out MissB's check apron from 4th of July -wow, I do need to make some bigger aprons- and laid it out. First I measured the outside, then the center of the skirt, and twisting the pieces this way and that cut the yoke and waistband. I think it was about an hour, two tops, until the Dora dressy apron was sewn. I ran off to the fabric store after dinner and found the perfect yellow flower button to match -it closes with a button on back, no ties to tangle up the washing.

Dora and Boots can ride along:


20110323-090506.jpg

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • this turned out very pretty! It's got a good amount of growing room too :)

    By Anonymous susanthebroodmare, at 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home