Full of Stitches

Monday, April 25, 2011

Grandma Made It!

20110425-122553.jpg

My Mother-in-law, Barb, sewed these cute dresses for the girls for Easter. Adorable!! The pattern is McCall's M6312. These are the dresses that I had hoped to help with when she was visiting. We found this adorable silhouette fabric on discount at the local quilt store (no complete selvedges are left, or I'd let you know it's name). It took a while to find the right contrasts, too!

20110425-123055.jpg

Barb sewed the dress together and left the buttons/-holes and hems for me to do. On this pattern, the straps are supposed to be buttoned closed, but the straps are so short, it didn't make sense to take that extra half inch to overlap the fabric far enough down to add the button. And, since it was cut on the pattern size of the girls' age, with added length, it was too big around. So, my simple solution was to move the buttons over to take in the fullness. The buttons can be moved as the girls grow -MissC's dress (4 year old) fit MissA (8 year old) with the original button placement.



20110426-120449.jpg

I like to add something to make the dress individualized for each girl when I make them. Since I was on hem duty, I thought it would be fun to use hem lace -which I'd never used before- in the girls' favorite color. I went with muted colors instead of bright to go with the dresses. MissA has peach as it is close to pink, MissB has lavender or lilac, and MissC has Mediterranean blue.


20110425-123700.jpg

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home