Full of Stitches

Monday, June 25, 2018

Second Go: Harriet

Searching for a nice fitting bra pattern lead me to Orange Lingerie and Cloth Habit. I hemmed and hawed and settled on Harriet by Cloth Habit.

Again with the measuring! An underbust measurement of 32” snug with 38” gives about a 32E. I made the 32E, making sure not to pull the elastic too tight, but it was a bit snug. My measurements do vary, though, depending on my activity level.

I considered the wires...

I measured the cup edge...

I looked up what size bra needs a size 46 wire. Then, I printed out the size 38E cradle and measured it against the size 34DD cup and trimmed the 38E cradle to fit. I sewed up a frankenbra. The Harriet has a very flat edge to the cup, not round like the Shelley, so Harriet’s cup was easy to set in the larger cradle. I also eliminated the curve from the lower seam, which gave me a touch more lift.


Not so obvious from the pics, the bottom bra was the first attempt.  The upper bra is pretty good, I just need to trim those wires! But! The lace cuts across the top somewhat awkwardly. Again, I research!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home