Full of Stitches

Saturday, January 23, 2021

2021 Jan 23

 


I lost some weight in 2019 by being active and eating well. Then with the whole pain in the abdomen issue, I stopped being active. With the whole pain thing associated with eating or not, I didn’t gain it all back, just about 15 pounds. That means I’m still smaller than when I first tried to make my own underpinnings, so I have to start from scratch size wise.

Current measurements:

Bust: 37-38” (94-96.5 cm)

Band (underbust): tight (breathe out all the way) 31.5” (81 cm), snug 33” (84 cm), deep breath 34.5” (89 cm)

Overbust (ribcage): 34” (86 cm)

Waist: 33-35” (84-89 cm)

Hips: 41” (104 cm)

I usually buy Medium tops (8-10) and Large size bottoms (10-12) in U.S. sizes.

I know that my bust is closely spaced, wide (wire size), shallow (not projecting far), short (from connection to bust point is where I carry most of it, and theatre linear measurement is short compared to my edge to edge measurement), and somewhat pendulous (breastfed eight humans).

First bra pattern up to bat: Black Beauty by Emerald Erin

According to the pattern and my measurements, I should make size 34D. 

So I printed out sizes 34D and 34DD. The wire will fit the larger size band, and I can modify the cups to match the wire line from the larger size. I used the narrowest bridge width so the wires don’t sit on my tissue in the middle.

My practice go went okay, but the right side bagged out, so I need a 34C for the right cup. I adjusted the pattern again and that gave me the lovely blue Ewa Lace bra in the photo! 

This is the best fit attempt I have made yet, but my sternum aches by the end of the day. I need to adjust something, but not sure what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home