Full of Stitches

Friday, January 15, 2021

2021 Cautiously Optimistic

 I can’t remember getting much sewing done in 2020. I was laid up, not comfortable to sit for long for much of the year. There were a few odds and ends, maybe mending, but nothing noteworthy. 

Towards the end of the year, I finally got to the point that I could do some exercises (thank you to my Physical Therapist), and now I can sew again!

And, I’ve been hard pressed to get some things made!

A lot of shopping has moved online, and many stores don’t even have dressing rooms available to try before you buy. Personally, I don’t like to purchase items for my harder to fit areas without trying them on first. And, I do like the instant gratification from taking a huge pile of clothes into the tiny change room and emerging with maybe one or two items that I can happily wear for the season. 

Well, I haven’t been getting to the store much, and I can finally sew, so... I’m looking forward to getting into my stash and getting some patterns to fit me. I inherited my Mom’s stash of haberdashery fun, too. She became a quilter in her later years, which I don’t currently do much of. I’m looking to clothe myself and my family to some degree. 

The plan: Make an outfit. A complete outfit. I’m not yet up to any big adventures, like sewing a full capsule wardrobe, but I have decided on the first outfit that I would like to create. My idea is to make the top, bottom, and underthings. Perhaps I’ll even get up to knitting matching socks at some point. 

For now, I’m working on the elusive fit of the brassiere. And that will be the next post. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home