Full of Stitches

Thursday, July 06, 2023

Maris Time Again

 Third time’s the ..? Uh oh! I was so close, but I did not check the stretch of this kit fabric compared to my practice ones. The mesh isn’t as stretchy as the other two sets. The band elastic does not stretch like the ones in the other sets, The lining that it came with is a strong power net (back band fabric for heavy duty bras), much less stretchy than the lighter power net I’d used in the previous two. This set is just too small.

I did try altering the pants back to the Noel width - following Madalynne’s instructions in the sew along.

All in all, this was a good pattern to learn adjustments on. It’s not my usual style, I like more coverage on my bottom. The top would certainly be a cute swim top. I might keep adjusting, or I may switch to another pattern. I still have several pattern styles suggested for the Bra Bee that I’d like to try manipulating to fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home