Full of Stitches

Friday, February 09, 2024

Ruby Class, week 1

 Jeanie New teaches  the classes for her store. First class we went over measurements and how to choose a starting point for the bra pattern. Homework this week is to sew up a bra using the dissolvable thread.

My measurements seem to put me across three sizes: 3.5 for the size 38 wire, 3.75 for my BCD, and 4.0 for my horizontal hemisphere (and that varies up to an inch depending on my cycle). Because of the even spread, I’m going for the middle size, though I feel I should aim for the larger to give space. I’m going with the flow of the class and trying to learn instead of rushing ahead. Interestingly, the pattern says to use the next larger size when not making foam cups.



Oh. My. Wow. This thing is so close already. So much closer to a good fit than any pattern starting out the gate. If I’d gotten this fit initially, I would have posts upon posts of happy bras! And, this is my starting point? Yes! I am looking forward to next Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home