Full of Stitches

Monday, September 04, 2023

Twins and a Class

 Labor Day, while Hubs and the adult children dismantled the deck, I followed along a Lilypadesigns class. I altered the Lanai band according to some of the instructions, and added another alteration that I’ll gauge better once I sew it up. While doing that, I washed the thread out of the previous version, and I’m waiting for it to dry so that I can reuse the elastics.

After altering the Lanai, I looked through the patterns I have and came across The Gemini. There were some cute swim tops out over the last couple years that have this crossed wrap look, but they do not suit me. When I saw The Gemini for the first time, I was excited to see there was a solution to the issue. The Gemini has either the bralette style with crossed wrap, or a bra style that contains an underwire cradle to hold the girls up while the wrap tames them in.

I measured and wondered why I do. Then, I sewed up just the cradle with back to see if this was the right size. Only issue, The Gemini calls for Regular wires, which normally refers to the ones from Bra Makers Supply. I did order some, but they haven’t arrived yet. I do have most of a set of Sew Sassy wires, though, and I compared those to the BMS chart. It looks like the sizes are off by one. The Sew Sassy 40 is about the size of the BMS 42. I tucked those into the 34E band and tried it on. No? It feels like there is excess space between the wire and my outer breast… 

Then I printed out and sewed the 34D. But, I don’t seem to have the Sew Sassy 38 wire, and the website doesn’t show them as available! I cut the back from some scraps that I had, but it turns out that tge ones I chose  were Firm Powermesh, and the earlier one had been from regular. The elastics may also have been firmer. The band was a bit tight. I checked the Carmen underwires against the chart, and tried it on with those. Better! Just need a bra-back extender.

This project will be on hold until the wires arrive. If they don’t fit comfortably, then I may need to alter the pattern for other underwires. Carmen will be my backup plan, they seem to fit okay.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home