Full of Stitches

Friday, May 19, 2006

“Birthday Swap” & Near Miss

This sounds like so much fun! I've never done a swap before, and I don't recall that anyone's given me something fiber related for my birthday (not that I remember.. maybe as a child?).

August Birthday Swap
August birthday swap

I just need to figure out how to add the button to my sidebar.. I was given a Mac as my anniversary present (I know, keep it to yourselves) and I still haven't got it totally figured out!

***

On another note, Ben told me when he woke up that BB was holding her breath because she couldn't swim yet. He had a dream that she was in the water, he could see her and she was holding her breath.

This afternoon, I let the girls 'swim' in the pool. That means they play on the top step or two of the shallow end or the jacuzzi seat or the seat at the 'deep end' with me sitting watching them. I know the bike was on the patio, but I didnt recall it being *that close* to the pool. All of a sudden BB and AJ's bike went back into the pool. I had a fleeting thought that I only had 2 stitches to go on the needle as I threw down my knitting and went to the pool. I was wearing mt pajama pants and only stepped in a step (so the weight of the clothes didn't hinder movement) or two and grabbed for BB. She was tossing her arms under the water and kicking a little, floating just under the surface, and I caught her arm and pulled her out. She coughed out what little water was in her nose or mouth and resumed normal breathing. I wrapped her in the towel and held her a while, then she went on playing outside the pool as usual.
near miss

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home