Full of Stitches

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

rrrrRRip it… Angelina shortens..

It seems that I was careless the last time I knitted on Angelina. The gauge is all over the place on the last 6-8 rows (varying across the back as to the depth of the transgression). I don't like the idea of having little bubbles of extra-stretchy ribbing just at the backs of my arms or across looking like little extra nipples - I've got enough of those in front! I don't think I could capture this well in photo, but perhaps if I stick my finger behind one of the gaping huge stitches and compare it to a properly sized stitch...
angelinagaps.jpg
OK.. blurry, can't really tell what's happening, but about 6 rows back there are some *huge* holes! Then it's loose for 3-4 rows! Then there are the 2 1/2 rows that I knit today.. Could I have noticed earlier when the toddler wasn't up to get into the yarn as I rip it?

My evening will be spent ripping and reknitting.
Perhaps I can get a hold of Ben before he gets home and have him pick up a bottle of something to soothe the knitter.

*Note: Ben made me a stiff drink and I ripped about 8 rows, then reknit one. So, I have knit approximately negative 4 rows on Angelina. I'm back to 4" of arms done.*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home