Full of Stitches

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Thinking Out Loud

I've been thinking baby carriers. I know I do this whenever I'm expecting a little one. I think of how best to carry. I like my ABC for long walks and mainly older babies. I like my ring slings - the solarveil is perfect for the summer and I can carry my 3 year old in it! I gave away my original sling to a friend in OK who needed an extra hand. This baby is due in January, so it'll be chilly. I was looking at tube slings - I haven't made one yet. Then, looking at pics of how people carry babies in them I thought of the Moebius strip idea. I often flipped a side of the ring sling to make it a tighter fit (one rail was sewn too close to the rings on the original sling I bought). Would it work though? The tube sling is generally folded in half, then worn as a sash with baby tucked in the fold.. Having the twist sewn in may defeat this. Perhaps I shall play with this idea in fabric?

the In-Laws are almost here, I best pretend to get ready!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home